“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
Our values here at St John’s are built on the teachings and example of Jesus and the Bible.
- Being a team-player (koinonia)
All six of our values are inspired by scripture:
- Ambition “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- Creativity “Do not neglect the gift you have.” 1 Timothy 4:14
- Curiosity “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7
- Independence “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.” Proverbs 16:9
- Perseverance “Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.” Hebrews 12:1
- Being a team-player (koinonia) “The whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, make the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.” – Ephesians 4:16.
We also use our values to aid our Restorative Approach to behaviour.
St John’s is a vibrant, exciting and welcoming place to learn. A range of faiths are represented here and we take great care in teaching the children acceptance as well as enquiry. They are tolerant and friendly towards people of all faiths and are developing their enquiry skills so as to make informed opinions of their own.
Everyday the school community meets together for collective worship. It is a vital and valued part of the day that gets us started in the best way possible. We take part in praise and have lots of volunteers to lead us in worship.
We are very fortunate to have four volunteers from local churches who come in and regularly lead collective worship, as well as supporting the school in a plethora of other areas! Rev Phil Greig, Father Mark Ball, Hannah Thompson and Tessa Taylor are familiar and friendly faces who you may see around the school.
Here are links to local churches who are involved in our school: