Free school meals are made available by the local authority for any of our students who meet the criteria. School meals will give your child a greater appetite for learning, help them concentrate better in class and achieve their full potential.
Children are often entitled to a free school meal, however, they may not have registered to have one. Make sure your child is not missing out.
You may apply for free school meals for your child if you are entitled to receive one of the following:
- Income Support.
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit Universal Credit.
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child might also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- Younger than the compulsory age for starting school.
- In full-time education.
Please click on the link below to download the FSM Application Form and apply online:
Or print out the form and return to your local authority.